OC International (One Challenge) is a Christian mission agency helping followers of Jesus worldwide bring transformation to lives, communities, and nations. The U.S. mobilization center (US-MC) for OC is at 5801 N Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80918, part of the OC Global Alliance made up of other Mobilization Centers in India, Singapore, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Canada, the Philippines, Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, and more.
One Challenge …
- OUR VISION The body of Christ in unity bringing God’s transforming love and hope to all people.
- OUR MISSION We serve, equip, and connect the body of Christ and its leaders to advance God’s kingdom among all people.
- OUR STRATEGY We ask how God is at work, then assist the body of Christ to bring God’s transformation to lives, communities, and nations.
As part of that effort One Challenge operates the site www.onechallenge.org (“OC Website”). OC is an ECFA-accredited ministry.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and respected and this policy sets out the privacy and the data protection practices that applies to our website. Please read this policy carefully to understand the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, and where necessary date of birth, payment card details or PayPal details.
What do we use it for?
We may collect personal information for the following uses:
- For specific activities such as requests for publications and/or general information or in relation to listener feedback.
- To process charitable donations.
- To analyze and improve the services we offer.
- For internal record keeping of the charity.
We may periodically send marketing communications about new promotions, campaigns or other events that we think you may find interesting. We will only do so if at the time of collecting your personal information you have consented to receiving such communications from us or our third-party partners.
You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our website, however, if you do choose to withhold any information, we may not be able to provide certain services.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share personal information with companies that we contract with to perform services for One Challenge, such as assisting us with our general marketing communications, promotions, campaigns or events, where they need your Personal Information to perform the service for us. These companies are not authorized to keep or use your personal information for any other purpose. If you give us your consent to send you further marketing messages we may contact you from time-to-time with carefully selected events or campaign details from ourselves or from our network of carefully selected partners, from which you may always opt-out or unsubscribe. It is not our practice to contact you if you have made it clear that you do not wish to hear from us about our products and services.
How do we store and keep your personal information secure?
The personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the main office by our staff or one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, provision of support services for One Challenge. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect and prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, including your personal information.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our website, no website is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
OC uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to provide secure communication over the Internet. SSL works by encrypting your information at your browser, including your credit card number and any confidential information. Your encrypted information is then sent to our server over the Internet. Only our server can decrypt your information.
We collect information by placing cookies on your computer or mobile. A cookie is a piece of text stored on your computer or mobile by your web browser. They are basically a tool that stores information about website visits, recognizes you and your preferences each time you visit our website, and ensures site functionality and enables us to provide the services our members request.
When you visit the publicly available sections of our website, a session ID cookie is placed on your computer that only lasts while you’re visiting. We also place persistent cookies on members’ computers, so that our website remembers them and makes their login experience faster and easier.
Most web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) are configured to automatically accept cookies. However, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings, including the disabling of cookies at any time. We wish to make you aware, however, that disabling technical/browsing cookies or functional cookies may prevent our website from functioning correctly and/or may not allow you to fully and effectively take advantage of the services we offer.
- Strictly necessary: These cookies enable the website to function correctly and deliver the services and products you have requested. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering sites you have visited on the internet.
- Performance & Functionality: These cookies do things like remember your preferred language, understand your preferences, and associates users to any forms you submit to use to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms. Other cookies are placed only for the time or session you visit our site or whether you are a new or returning visitor to our site. These cookies may remain on your computer anywhere from the duration of your session for up to five years.
- [Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help the website analyze how our site is used, such as allowing us to compile reports on website activity and providing us other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.]
Links to other websites
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at DonorRelations@oci.org. We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Access to Your Personal Information and Correction
You may request details of Personal Information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at: DonorRelations@oci.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please email us at the above address us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from January 2019 and was updated on February 19, 2019.