Jesus is the King of Glory.
In nations with a monarchy today, the monarch’s reign is life long and the line of succession must never be broken. The moment one king dies, the new king’s reign begins. As believers, we see Jesus as our King. We know that in the resurrection Jesus conquered death, so he will be King forever, his reign will never end.
In this new series of video blogs (or “vlogs”), we explore some of the “I am” statements of Jesus by answering two questions: Who is Jesus? and Who are we?
Engaging with the Vlog: An Invitation to Pay Attention
Listen to the words, especially the words of Scripture.
- Which words stand out to you? You might want to jot those words down to help you remember.
- As you hear the words King of Glory, what images come to mind? What reaction do you have to Jesus being called the King of Glory, and us being identified as His people or His kingdom?
- What has your experience with living under an authority been like? What does the idea of authority raise up in you?
Throughout the video, I showed some images of palaces I’ve visited around Europe.
- Were there any images that particularly drew your attention?
- What words can you use to describe the images that drew your attention?
Bonus: email me a list of where the palaces are located (city and country) and I will send you a digital copy of the image of your choice.
- How have you experienced Jesus as the King?
- What is the invitation for you in being a part of his Kingdom?
I would love to engage with you further, if it would be of value to you. If you’d like to leave a public comment, please do so below. If you’d like to connect with me personally, you may do so in an email to TammyLundell@oci.org.