In this new series of video blogs (or “vlogs”), we explore some of the “I am” statements of Jesus by answering two questions: Who is Jesus? and Who are we?
Engaging with the Vlog: An Invitation to Pay Attention
Listen to the words, especially the words of Scripture.
- Which words stand out to you? You might want to jot those words down to help you remember.
- As you hear the words Vine and Branches, what images come to mind?
- What reaction do you have to Jesus being called the True Vine, and us being identified as branches?
- Do you have any knowledge or experience of the workings of a vineyard?
Close your eyes and see what images you recall from the video.
- What, if any, images do you remember from the video?
- What words can you use to describe the images that drew your attention?
- How have you experienced Jesus as the True Vine?
- What is the invitation for you in being a “branch”?
I would love to engage with you further, if it would be of value to you. If you’d like to leave a public comment, please do so below.
If you’d like to connect with me personally, you may do so in an email to TammyLundell@oci.org.
Resources to Continue Your Reflection
I created a guided meditation of John 15:1-11 that is available in PDF format to download. If you do download a digital copy, please let me know in an email, so we can engage in the meditation together.
Blessings on you, dear one.