Motivation check: What do you do in your life to glorify (or, worship) God?
We, humankind (male and female), are created in the image of God. God is the Creator, we are the creatures. In creating humankind God reveals Himself to the world. When we choose faith in Christ, the Holy Spirit comes upon us and lives in us.
- What we do with our bodies matters to God.
- What we think (and say) matters to God.
- Our feelings matter to God.
By the power of the Holy Spirit alive in us, we can bring glory to God in all we do! Let’s not separate our activities, thoughts, and feelings into “God glorifying” and “other” — let’s present our whole selves to God and bring him glory!
What is the invitation for us in this text?
I would suggest that there are several, depending on where you are on the road to “glorifying God in your body”…
- Look at your daily activities (work, cooking, exercise, screen time, meeting with others, etc) and ask yourself, Would you do them before the Lord? When I’m deciding if something is worthy of a place on my schedule, this is the first thing I ask.
- As you examine your daily activities, pay attention to: When are you inviting the Holy Spirit to be at work in you throughout the day?
- If there are areas of your life where you are not glorifying God — hold those things up to the Lord, ask for help to turn it around, and open your hands to receive grace and strength.
by night and day you summon your slumbering people,
So stir us with your voice
and enlighten our lives with your grace
that we give ourselves fully
to Christ’s call to mission and ministry. Amen.
(Source: Vanderbilt Divinity Library)
Tammy Lundell, Europe
More Spiritual Formation Resources
We are One Challenge mission workers serving the whole body of Christ by developing a new generation of leaders. The Holy Spirit is always inviting us to know God more and do the work of becoming who God has designed us to be.
These resources include blog posts, original worship music, images accompanied by Scripture, prayer exercises, and much more. Whatever the Lord gives us, we want to offer to you so you can be blessed in your walk with Jesus.