“God has exceeded our expectations in the 3rd edition of Festival 180!” says Hélder Favarin with OC Sepal in Spain. [Translated from Facebook] “So thankful …
– For the privilege of serving alongside an amazing team of volunteers.
– For the presence of each participant (attendance nearly 20% larger than the previous edition).
– For the 16 children who have been sponsored with Compassion Spain.
– For 715 water bottles sold (reached our goal!) to benefit 50 families in Haiti, so they have access to potable water through Solidarity Alliance. # AguaPotableParaTodos
– For the wonderful testimonies that we heard, and that we will continue to see the extraordinary work of God.
– For the participation of many others: Hosanna, Marcos Cruz, Andy Wickham, Alex Sampedro, Candela Music (Julian Candón), Radio Vida (Life), Atletas en Acción (Athletes in Action), Embajadores del deporte (Ambassadors of Sport), La Palabra Libreria Cristiana (Word Christian Bookstore), Editora Andamio, Sepal España (Sepal Spain), Ministerio con jóvenes sordos (Youth Ministry for the deaf, Albacete), Cafe Alhumbra, Congreso Creo en Ti, EnRed
– For JESUS, our inspiration and reason for Festival 180º, to Him we give our gratitude, applause and adoration.”
What is Festival 180º?
This is a national youth meeting in Spain where the Bible, music, sports, the arts and social justice intersect. At the center of everything we do is the person of Jesus and his teachings. Festival 180º seeks to be a catalyst and a platform between young people and initiatives that aim to generate a shift in Spain and the world. The Festival is an event for young people, their groups, and their leaders.
This year (July 24-27, 2014) the Festival 180º program included concerts, worship time, talks, prayer space, sports (football, volleyball and basketball), art exhibitions, beach, pool, seminars, workshops (photography, technology, etc.), films, interviews, and stands (NGOs, ministries, resources, etc.). Lots of news was posted to Facebook and Twitter: facebook.com/festival180 and twitter.com/180gradosESP
What are the Goals of Festival 180º?
We want youth to have unforgettable and amazing experiences through music time, sports, arts, reflection, and a whole host of feelings that they may have never felt before.
We want them to enjoy an ideal place to think about their relationship with God, seeing it for the first time or having it grow. The annual festival is a great opportunity for them to connect with people, inviting friends from their neighborhood, college, work, etc. As they hang out at the festival sessions and in their tents, they may think of ideas and projects, start new friendships and initiatives that contribute to the expansion of the Kingdom of God, born as a result of the festival.
As a founding goal of 180 Global, we dreamed of youth filled with the desire to know God. Also we want those who attend Festival 180º to be inspired, challenged, and better able to live and carry the message of Jesus back to where they came from, causing a greater impact on society and the world.
Who organizes Festival 180º?
180 Global is a youth organization linked to Sepal, whose mission is to bring the message of Jesus to new generations. Festival 180º has an organizing committee with the help of a team of people in different areas. We are all volunteers.
Sepal Spain (Serving Pastors and Leaders) is a missional, evangelical, interdenominational organization with over 550 mission workers serving in 60 countries. Sepal Spain is linked to the OC Global Alliance’s mission that is to serve the strengthening, development, and expansion of the Spanish church.