On September 13-14, 2013 the OC International Board of Directors conducted their semi-annual board meeting at the US Mobilization Center. Some of the major items which the board processed during this meeting included:
- A thorough review of OC’s financial health and the approval of the 2013-2014 budget.
- The establishment of One Challenge USA as a subsidiary of OC International.
- A review of the ongoing presidential transition process from Greg Gripentrog to Dean Carlson.
- The election of new board members and the executive committee of the board.
- A report was given to the board on OC’s global ministry in the area of church multiplication with Skype reports from three areas of OC’s world.
- In addition to the more formal board activities and responsibilities, the board enjoyed rich times in the Word of God, fellowship, and prayer.
New board members and executive committee
Two new members joined the OC board: Jeff Gott (Vice President at Waterstone) and Mishal Montgomery (Chief of Staff for the Mayor of Anaheim, California). This brings the number of board members to 15 which is the full complement of board members allowed by the board’s by-laws.
Dale Micetic was elected as the new board chairperson succeeding Dr. Nancy Duvall, who completed her three-year term limit as board chairperson. Dale has been on the board since 2004 and has served for the past number of years as chair of the Finance Committee and treasurer of the board.
Nancy says, “I have appreciated the spirit of humble servanthood in all those board directors and OC personnel I have worked with in this position of responsibility during these past three years. I am blessed to continue to serve as a board member through September 2014.”
The new executive committee of the board includes:
– Dale Micetic, Chair
– Dick McCaskill, Vice Chair
– Michele Wilson, Secretary
– Jeff Jensen, Treasurer