One Challenge considers it a privilege to partner with the body of Christ around the world. One of the many organizations with whom we partner in church planting and research initiatives is the Global Church Planting Network (GCPN).
Read more about the GCPN here: GCPN – Empowering church leaders
Work in Northeast Asia
Although OC and the GCPN worker together in many regions, one area that is developing is in Northeast Asia.
“Eric, Jason, and I visited the Japan Church Planting Institute in 2015 where we provided workshops on Discipling a Whole Nation-type national church planting processes. Russ M. also provided excellent research maps based on data supplied from several sources,” says Murray, OC board member and mission worker with Outreach Canada and the GCPN.
“There where national-level Japanese leaders present and a growing consensus that Japan needed a church planted near every convenience store but at that time no clear leader to the team emerged.”
A New Developments & a New Leader
This year the men were asked by Dr. Ota, president of the Kanasi Bible Institute in Ikoma, to return to Japan. Dr. Ota was hosting a gathering of national leaders from the region. “We asked them to come as teams for national church planting process training and goal setting,” Murray says.
It was an encouraging time with one another in Japan. It is still early days in the process, but an exciting development was the emergence of a leader for the project.
“It’s been encouraging to see a younger leader (in his 40’s), Yoshiya Hari of Asian Access, affirmed by his team in a culture where generally national roles go to more senior leaders,” Murray says.
The church planting process in Japan will follow the same steps used in other nations by the GCPN:
- Prayer mobilization for workers and the harvest.
- Strategic Information for wise and practical decision making to reach the least reached.
- Teams which work together well on agreed objectives (SMART goals).
- Training for church planters and mission leaders in best practices and strategies.
- Church Planting to reach the lost.
Pray with One Challenge
- Please pray the Lord’s grace, favor, wisdom, and empowering for Yoshiya Hari and his team as they take further steps to mobilize the “whole church” to disciple the “whole nation” through saturation church planting.
- Please pray for a spirit of hope to rest on the national church, hope that takes large steps toward discipling their nation are possible in the power of the Lord of the Harvest.
- Please pray each national team in the region will grow in prayerfulness, focus, effectiveness and give-and-receive in vital relationship with other nations as they advance the gospel in North Asia.
Church Planting & Growth
One Challenge is an international mission sending agency empowering local church ministry in more than 100 countries around the world. We invest in people and opportunities that enable churches to be planted, thrive, grow, and multiply. When invited by local leaders, OC conducts training for church planters and those interested in learning about disciple-making movements.